Tuesday, October 4, 2016


 President Castillo emailed me about the hurricane and said that from what they have seen here in Dajabon it is only expected to rain heavily but shouldn´t be a big deal. He told me that he would let me know immediately if it becomes stronger or anything weird happens with it. So no need for you to worry Momma. We have plenty of clean water in the house and lots of rice to keep us alive if anything does happen :) For the moment it is just cloudy here, not raining or anything. Well this week was pretty normal. We as always here in this area have been struggling to find new people to teach. One of the people we are teaching is progressing a bit though. She came to two sessions of conference and liked it so that was cool. On Wednesday we had an activity to try and find more investigators. We watched part of Meet the Mormons at the church and told all the members they had to bring a friend. Not too many of the "friends" showed up haha but a few new people came. I was able to watch conference in English. It was awesome and I enjoyed it a lot.  On Thursday night president Castillo called me to tell me that I will be training a new missionary this upcoming transfer. So the next morning at 5:30 am we left on a bus for Santiago so that I could attend the trainers meeting. I am pretty excited for it. I think that it will be cool to have a new missionary and help him get used to the mission.  We also got the news that they will be closing the other area of Dajabon and that area will become part of my area. I am pretty sure that makes my area the largest in the whole mission. That was definitley unexpected but now my new comp and I will be the only two missionaries in the branch.  They also told me that I am going to be a district leader now.  Life goes on and I am always trying to improve and find out what I need to do to be able to help this area improve. I love you lots and all of the family. Be safe, smart, and enjoy everyday of life!
Elder Mifflin



No comments:

Post a Comment