Friday, March 11, 2016

March 9, 2016


 I did end up getting transferred from Conani to an area in Santiago called Rafey.  My new comp is from Mexico and his name is Elder Valasquez, it is always kinda weird the first couple days with a new comp.  During this week I was pretty sure that I was going to be leaving so I tried to finish strong and help the people that we had to progress. In all honesty yesterday kinda sucked. Although Conani sucked sometimes I really do like that branch a lot. The members there are so awesome and the branch is like a big family. It was pretty hard to say goodbye to a lot of them especially Hipolito and Angelica. Haha Hipolito was pretty sad that I was leaving just like he was when Elder Tucker left. Last night we had a little goodbye thing at the branch presidents house with most of my favorite members and food. It was humbling to see the effect that I have had on people during my time there and that I became part of the family of Conani. Packing kinda sucked too haha, it was hard to fit all my stuff into my two bags, It felt like I was starting the mission over again a little bit.  I did get a lot of pictures with people and such over the last few days but I just realized that I forgot the cord to plug my camera into the computer so I can't send you any pictures this week. As of now I am not quite sure what to think of my new area. Our apartment isn't quite as comfortable as the one in Conani, it is a lot smaller and dirtier. There are a ridiculous amount of mosquitos in that apartment but at least we have mosquito nets to sleep under. I am sure that by the time next week rolls around I will be adjusted to everything and life will be pretty normal again. I am a lot closer to some of my friends from the MTC and Elder Tucker here in this area so I will be able to do stuff with them on P days.  Also this week I learned how to make this food called mangu, it is delicious and I definitely want to make it for the family after the mish.  I am glad to hear that all is well. I hope that things continue to go well for the family. I love you all very much and miss you. 

Elder Mifflin




No comments:

Post a Comment