Saturday, May 7, 2016

May 4, 2016

The DR treated me really well this week. To start we finally did get the electrical problems fixed in the house. Our fridge now works and we can actually use the iron and have our fan on at the same time... crazy right? That has been really nice though. Well it rained a little bit more this week and my shoes got super muddy a couple times. The weather has been pretty nice the last few days though. I also have been a little bit better about exercising and Elder Jean (the Dominican Elder in my house) and I have gone and run a couple times in the mornings. We usually run to this huge white monument about 10 minutes away from the house.  I did get to go to the baptism in Conai but it was crazy!  All the powers of this world combined against me that day and I almost did not pull it off. I will explain it in better detail when we Skype, but for now I will say that I went down there with a member named Jason. It was awesome to see all of the people from my home in the DR and see the baptism. And finally due to the DR being the DR I almost got stuck in La Vega at night haha, but in the end I had to pay a taxi guy to drive us back and it cost like 800 pesos. It was a crazy day overall but really cool too.  We were able to contact some people this week with lots of potential so that has been good. We have also been rejected by the whole world too but that is life. We were able to put a baptismal date with two women that we are teaching so that was cool, they  should be getting baptized in June. Also the investigator from Rafey asked me to baptize her, so for the first time I will get to do the actual baptism. I am pretty pumped about that.   We are going to Skype from the church so hopefully the Wifi is better this time.  I miss you guys a lot and I am excited to talk to you on Sunday.  I love you all mucho!
Elder Mifflin




No comments:

Post a Comment