Saturday, June 3, 2017

May 8, 2017




Well this week was very good and very interesting. First off we did end up having transfers. Elder Reyes left to go to a place that is just outside the city of Santiago. I sent you some pictures of the little goodbye party that some members had for him. It was cool and we ate cake. He is pretty close by though and should be able to come to the baptism of Lizmari.  I was pretty bummed that he left though, him and I got along really well and worked together well also.  I was hoping that he would stay for one more transfer but as normally happens with the transfers things did not turn out the way that I wanted, but there is always a reason.  My new companion is a Dominican named Elder Medina. He has about a year and four months in the mission.   The week was very busy and as always were have been trying to find new people to teach that are actually interested in our message.  We were also working hard with Raidelis and Lizmari to get them ready for their respective baptisms. On Saturday I was able to be the one to baptize Raidelis which was cool. It was the fulfillment of one of my mission long goals of baptizing a family of at least two parents and one child. The three did not all get baptized on the same day but either way it has been really cool to be able to teach and help this family. It has also been a great privilege to teach Lizmari. She honestly is the best investigator that I have ever had in terms of understanding and willingness to put in time to read and learn.  I will baptize her and confirm her the next day so that should be awesome. I have never actually been the person to do the confirmation so I am excited and nervous. Yesterday after church we ate at a members house and I ate so much that I was full for about 6 hours. It was super tasty though so it was worth it. Today was our p day Santiago and we decided to go. I bought some souvenir type things and also set things up with a member that is going to make a case for my Spanish triple combination. By pure chance I "ran into" a guy in the street named Jonny. I taught him while I was still in Pueblo Nuevo and he was later baptized after I left to go to Dajabon. It was cool to talk to him and see him again. I also ate at the member´s house that lived next door to us and always cooked for us. It was cool and fun but a very tiring day. Time continues to go by quickly.  Very soon we will be talking on Skype for the last time and the month of May will be half way over.  I hope that they leave me here tranquilo to "die" or to finish the mission but who knows. 



Elder Mifflin



No comments:

Post a Comment