Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Week 10

Things are going pretty good right now!  We are having some financial issues with the one familia, so we had to move their baptismal date back to Nov 14, so hopefully that can work out for them . Our other investigators with baptismal dates are  over a month away so we still have lots to help them with. Yeah we have district meetings every week but our district is only my companionship and 1 companionship of sisters. We have zone meetings every two weeks. Most of our P days we don’t do much haha.  One day we went and hiked up the river,  2 weeks ago we went to a Catholic Cathedral where Christopher Columbus built a cross and last week we just played basketball with our zone leaders. Today is our P-Day Santiago so we are in Santiago haha,  we just hung out at the office for a while, which is super nice, then we went to a Pricesmart for lunch.  It made me want to go shopping at Costco with you momma haha.  We got some pizza and it was really good and American tasting.  Tomorrow we have to go down to Santo Domingo for our visas,  so tonight we are sleeping at the Presidents house.   That will be the first time I have been there since the first day in the field. Also, I forgot to tell you there was a crazy rainstorm this week and we got stuck at a menos activos house for like an hour and after it stopped raining the streets were totally flooded with about 6 inches of water.  I didn’t have my camera unfortunately but we had to take our shoes off, roll our pants up, and walk through the river/street barefoot!   Fun fact, we woke up this morning and had a bunch of maggots in our kitchen so that was pretty gross, but don't worry I went ham and killed them all....prettymuch. Anyway, a mission is quite the learning and growing experience.  It is kinda hard to be patient sometimes with my own progress, but I am trying to be more patient, work hard and trust in the help of God. I have already seen and felt His influence and help a lot during my mission.  It is going by pretty fast, 11 weeks today and only 91 left!  Hopefully I can get better at Spanish before those 91 weeks run out haha.  I'm glad to hear that everything is going well with the family. I love you a lot Momma and all the rest of the family too!  Make sure to tell all of the extended family that I love them too!  I forgot my camera cord so I can't send pictures again, but I will next week!

Elder Mifflin

No comments:

Post a Comment