Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 11

We get a solid afternoon rainstorm about 2-3 times a week.  For P day Santiago last week we went to this big monument in the city (I will send some pics) then after we went on intercambios. I was with an Elder from Honduras named Elder Merlo, then I woke up at 4 am and we had a 4 hour bus ride to Santo Domingo. We had to do a bunch of stuff there for our legal papers and we also needed to do some medical stuff.   While doing that I found out I have lost about 10 pounds since I left the CCM!   Also we didn´t have running water in our house for about 5 days or gas to cook for about 2 days.  Now we have both again though so that is really nice!  For Halloween we made some Jack o lanterns out of watermelons because there aren´t any pumpkins here. It actually worked really well. We have a new family of 4 that we are teaching and they are really cool. They are the first family that me and my companion have met together.  As my Spanish improves so does my relationship with the people. The last few days have gone really well and been fun. It is kind of crazy that I am done with my second transfer already.  I love you Momma and all of the family. I think about you guys everyday and hope that everything is going well for everyone. Dont forget to be weird or be afraid!

Elder Mifflin







No comments:

Post a Comment