Saturday, December 3, 2016

November 7, 2016


Well this week was as normal.   It is a bit difficult to find people that actually care to listen so we have to contact a lot.  We get to meet a lot of interesting people and at least invite them to learn more about Jesus Christ and his church.  We found a less active guy that hasn´t gone to church in about 20 years.  He is super excited about getting involved in the church again and wants his whole family to start taking the lessons and going to church.  Another cool thing that we did during the week is that we had a special family home evenings with the members in the which they invited a friend or neighbor to come so that we could meet them and share a bit of our message with them. It worked really well for the most part and all of them were willing to put an appointment with us to go back and teach them again.
Saturday night was a bit out of the norm. The hurricane that you were all worried about a couple weeks ago did nothing here but I think that we had a mini hurricane come on Saturday night. It started raining around 9 pm but it was a normal rain. Around midnight I was disturbed from my slumber by the bomb like thunder that was sounding all around. It was pouring really hard and the street in front of our house looked like a river. I took a short video and then went back to sleep. In the morning it was still raining but not as hard. My comp and I arrived at the church at 8:55 and there was nobody there and the building was still locked. We later found out that many members, including the branch president, had their houses get flooded overnight. We had a lot less people in church than normal and started about 20 minutes late but in the end all went well.  I am doing my best to work hard and stay focused here in Dajabon. I hope that all is well with the family. Good luck with everything and I love you all very much!

Elder Mifflin

No comments:

Post a Comment