Thursday, December 1, 2016

October 31,2016

 On Thursday we had to leave really early to attend a meeting in Santiago for all the trainers and new missionaries. The next day (Friday) my group from the MTC and I would be going down to Santo Domingo to renew our visas. So during the rest of the day Thursday I was in a trio with two other missionaries that I am pretty good friends with, it was weird to be with 2 companions for a day but it was cool to be comps with them for the day. At night we all slept in the mission home. While there I was able to play lots of ping pong which was really fun, it had been a long time since I had played. That night was also the first time in a couple of months that I was able to use a shower that actually worked and not just have to use a bucket!  Anyway all of the guys from my group and I stayed up the whole night talking, telling stories, and such. That was the first time in the mission that I have "pulled an all nighter".   We left the mission home around 4:30 am and went down to Santo Domingo. The whole process of renewing the visa took about 4 hours which just gave us all more time to hang out. Then we headed back to Santiago and got there around 4. Elder Capellan and I then went back to Dajabon and arrived around 7:30 pm. We went to a quick lesson and then called it a day. I was super tired at this point since I had gone about 42 hours without sleep.
Sunday went well because one of our investigators that has been struggling to make it to church finally came. We also had the daughter of different investigator come and she liked it a lot so in all it was really good. Also a family of Haitians showed up and one of the guys has a wife that is from Utah. None of them spoke Spanish so I talk to them and she wanted to take a picture and send it to you.  I am working hard and little by little we are seeing the progress here. I love you all very much!

Elder Mifflin

No comments:

Post a Comment