Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Week 1

 I am learning Spanish pretty quickly but I don't have that much time to email so I'm not going to reply with any Spanish because it will take longer. It is very hot here!!   The couple of  times I have gone running I have been totally soaked with sweat after. The MTC or as it is called here the CCM and the temple are right next to each other.  The property we are on is surrounded by a 10-20 foot wall and all the apartment buildings nearby have fences and bars bolted over the windows so its a nice part of town. The CCM is pretty small,  there are only about 70 missionaries max and a bunch are going to leave next Tuesday. We eat lots of beans and rice and other things. The food is usually pretty good and there is always lots of it. You can tell James that I always eat a few salads a day so no worries there.   
My Companion's name is Elder Pickett and he is from Cedar City. He is a really cool kid and is super mellow so thats good. I also have a roommate that went to Jordan High and he is really cool.   Spanish is weird because it is so hard to be patient with it. I want to be fluent now which obviously I'm not so its frustrating but at the same time for only being here for 1 week I've gotten a lot better. My two teachers, Hermano Eve and Hermano Medina are both really cool. They are both really young fun guys but are also very helpful in teaching us Spanish and helping us get better at teaching the gospel. We went to the temple today and it was really cool. The Santo Domingo Temple is definitely my favorite temple so far (of the two I've been to haha) I will try and send pictures next week when I know how.


Love and miss you guys. I hope everything goes well in Salt Lake and hope that you don't get too lonely without me.
Elder Mifflin



No comments:

Post a Comment