Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week 5

Splits were pretty crazy this week!  I went with a kid from Honduras named Elder Soriano. He has been out for 21 months and so was a really good missionary but barely spoke any English haha.  It was hard to communicate at first but got better throughout the day. So, lets just say you would not have liked being were I was haha!   The area I was in looked like the favelas in Rio De Janerio. Basically just concrete shells of buildings all built on top of each other. The streets here also remind me of Mario Kart.  There are no rules whatsoever and everyone goes ham!  There was also a lot of garbage and litter everywhere so that was kinda sad for me being nature boy. We had to ride in a tiny little taxi and we managed to fit 7 people in there, so it was nice and comfortable!  I had some street food at the end which I’m sure you don't appreciate haha but don’t worry I made sure that it was good first. I had a chicken and cheese empanada. It was so good!  I leave on Tuesday morning at 6:30 am to go into the field and my P days will be on Wednesday now.  I'm really excited to finally get out into the field, it’s definitely going to be hard for the first while but I think I will be able to learn quickly.   Conference is coming up soon and I might not be able to watch it in English, so I have some homework for you and the fam. I want you guys to all pick your favorite talk from the weekend and send me the basic gist of it and all that. I also want to give you guys the homework of reading the Book of Mormon every single day.   Read at least like 5 pages and always have a scripture marker with you when you read.  It is crazy how much you can learn from that book!  I have definitely learned a lot of new things from it over the last 5 weeks here.  I have been totally healthy and awesome. I miss you guys and love you all a lot. I hope all is well for you!

Elder Mifflin



No comments:

Post a Comment