Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Week 2

   Well yesterday was the two week mark for me! I still have a 102 weeks to try and learn Spanish so that's good. It's hard to be patient with the language because I hate not being able to communicate with people, but I am improving. So some news from me, those tweezers that I brought are absolutely terrible. It is not possible to pull out a hair with those things so I'm still trying to figure out how to keep myself from getting a unibrow. I'm still trying to keep my body healthy but my comp and fellow Elders  just watch me run or lift but never really join me. Whenever I run here I am literally soaked in my own sweat within just a few minutes. It makes my clothes smell really bad and because it is so humid they dont dry out for at least 2 or 3 days. The weights they have are few  but the grind never stops so I use what I can. My watch died the other day, I had a feeling I should get a new battery before I left but never got around to it. I'm sure I will be able to find a place to get a battery once I'm in the field.   We went to the park last night to try and talk to people about the gospel but everyone that walked by wouldn't  make eye contact with us. After about an hour, we were finally able to start talking to these 3 guys but as our Spanish is still very limited,  we couldn't say much to them. Fortunately, after we had been struggling for a minute one of the guys started speaking in English and we were  able to teach them some things about the church. Two of the guys didn't seem to care at all but the other one seemed pretty interested and asked a lot of questions so we gave him a Book of Mormon. We are noobs though and didn't ask him for his contact info so we will never know if he even keeps it.  I am generally enjoying my time here but I miss you all a lot and also miss my mountains very much too. 

Love you and the rest of the family! Hope all goes well for you.
Elder Mifflin

No comments:

Post a Comment