Friday, September 25, 2015

Week 6

My life is crazy. haha I´m glad to be out of the mtc but at the same time miss it so much already.  Coming here has definitely shown me how much of a softy I am. I am in the La Vega zone in an area called Coniña. It is pretty poor but seems cool so far. These keyboards are weird and the computer is in spanish so it is telling me everyword is misspelled so just know i´m not going to capitalize anything and some stuff might be spelled wrong. My trainer aka my dad is named Elder Tucker. He is from Idaho and has been out for about 13 months. he seems pretty cool so far and he speaks english and spanish well so thats a plus. It is going to be hard for me for at least a few weeks. I learned a lot in the mtc but right now it feels like I know nothing useful haha but I know I just need to keep studying and get some practice. It is super hot here!!  It was about a 2:30 drive to the presidents house in santiago and then 50 minutes here. I’ve got a lot to learn over the next few weeks but I´m not too worried I just need to be patient. I have only been here for 6 weeks and for the rest of my life I will be so much more grateful for all that we have. It is truly insane to compare the things we have.  The second time we went on splits in santo domingo I was in the favelas and the families I taught each had 3-5 people living in a tin and concrete house as big as 1/2 of my bedroom at home. It is crazy, but they are awesome!  Love you all very much and be happy always!
Elder Mifflin 



No comments:

Post a Comment